inserting time values to table

From: preeti <shwethanrao_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2005 10:15:07 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a basic problem here. It looks very silly but some body help me...

I have created a table in oracle 10g using following query create table time_slots
(

ts_id		number(3)not null,
day		char(5),
start_time	date,
end_time	date,

constraint time_slot_pk primary key(ts_id) );

I want to insert 8:00 AM and 9:20 AM to start_time and end_time fileds. How can I insert and retrieve these values to and from the table? Is there an easy way to store and retrieve time values?

I tried to create these fields in the table using datetime data type, but it gave me an error.

Thank you Received on Mon Nov 28 2005 - 19:15:07 CET

Original text of this message