Re: Wrap problem with RDO and PL/SQL developer

From: Arto Viitanen <arto.viitanen_at_csc.fi>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:52:23 +0200

fedsotto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working with an Oracle 9.2 database. I wrapped a store procedure
> using the wrap command and I loaded into the database successfully
> using toad and sqlplus. However, I have a VB6 application that uses rdo
> to connect to the database, and if I run the wrapped code with it, the
> store procedure becomes invalid. The same happens if I run the code
> from PL/SQL Developer v6.0.
>
> Does anyone know what is the problem?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Federico

[Quoted] Sorry I have not used Toad, so I don't know the terminology. What do you mean by "wrap"? Anyhow, I have being developing a PL/SQL package using Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET. When I save the package (definition or body) to the database, next time I access it in sqlplus I get a message that package is invalid (or something similar). This only means that package loaded onto the session is not the one I compiled, so I have to reload it (by running the procedure or function again).

So is "wrap" same as package? If so, the message is as it should.

--
Arto Viitanen