Re: f45run error on vms

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 16 Nov 2005 09:48:04 -0700

Alessandro (alever_at_libero.it) wrote:
: Hello,
: I'm trying to run f45run on a VMS 7.1 server with Oracle Database 7.3.4
: (they're really obsolete.....and I'm working on vms since a couple of
: months) but I get this error:

: $ f45run
: Message 206 not found; No message file for product=forms45, facility=FMC
: Message 208 not found; No message file for product=forms45,
: facility=FMC: Release - Production on Tue Nov 15 16:36:15 2005

: Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1996. All rights reserved.

: Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.3.0 - Production
: PL/SQL Release 2.3.4.3.0 - ProductionMessage 221 not found; No message
: file for product=forms45, facility=FMCMessage 206 not found; No message
: file for product=forms45, facility=FMCMessage 207 not found; No message
: file for product=forms45...........

: Any idea where to start for this problem?

[Quoted] It can't find the message file. If it can't find the message file then it probably can't find other things it needs either, so if you fix the message file problem then you will be a long way towards fixing the overall problem.

In anycase, on VMS things are typically found using "logical" names. The Oracle app probably uses a number of logicals to find its components. My first guess is that the required logicals are not correctly set for the account you are using.

$0.10

--

This programmer available for rent.