Any idea about Dynamic bind arguments

From: <raghugunanv_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Oct 2005 03:53:26 -0700

[Quoted] I need a help for the below situation.

For example : I have a table called QUERIES with two COLUMNS viz. QUERY and VALUE.

CREATE TABLE QUERIES (
       QUERY VARCHAR2(2000),
       VALUE VARCHAR2(500));

In this table each QUERY Column will have query with bind variable and VALUE column will have variable names LIKE:

ROW1:
QUERY COLUMN: Select count(1) from Emp where dept_no = :1 VALUE COLUMN: deptno (runtime it will have the specific values).

ROW2: QUERY COLUMN: Select sum(Salary) from Sal_table

               where dept_no = :1 and sal_date = :2 VALUE COLUMN: deptno and saldate.

I have to fetch each column and process one by one : LIKE
1) Execute Immediate 'Select count(1) from Emp where dept_no = :1' using deptno;
2) Execute Immediate 'Select sum(Salary) from Sal_table where dept_no = :1 and sal_date = :2' using deptno, saldate

and so on ... these queries will increase in future.

So i want to write dynamic code to this like select query, value into qry, bind_val from queries

and then
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE qry USING bind_val

.... but this doesn't work ... can anyone help how write a code for this without much difficult.

regards, ghu Received on Fri Oct 28 2005 - 12:53:26 CEST

Original text of this message