VBS & Oracle silent installation

From: danlrp <dlrp00_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2005 16:57:36 -0700

I have to install "Oracle Data Access Software for Windows Release 9.2.0.7.0." or in fact just the followin 4 packages:

"Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server 9.2.0.7.0"
"Oracle ODBC Driver 9.2.0.7.0"
"Oracle Provider for OLE D B 9.2.0.7.0"
"Oracle Objects for OLE 9.2.0.7.0"

I created four answer files using

        setup -record -destinationFile

and a VBS script which will launching four times

        setup.exe -silent -nowelcome -responseFile fileX.rsp

where X=[1,4]

My questions are:

  1. Is there a way to install all options using one response file? I didn't find a way to select all the packages like it is when you install the Client and as a result I have four response files.
  2. Setup program is launching Javaw.exe and exits which make difficult to track the installation (to know when installation is done).

I inserted a 60 seconds delay in my script and then check in memory for javaw.exe but of course this makes the installation process to take longer than normal and sometimes I had some problems.

Does anybody know how can I use javaw.exe directly whiteout of using setup.exe or is there another way to know when the installation is done?

TIA, Dan Received on Wed Oct 26 2005 - 01:57:36 CEST

Original text of this message