Re: Set Transaction - Reports (Problem)

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:12:00 -0700

yBayM wrote:
> Good Day!
>
> Guys, i need your advise on this, can i asked how am i going to
> integrate the 'SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT" statement with
> my reports, you see im having problems big yearly reports, bec of the
> snapshots problem, so i was thingking that i'll just create one big RB
> segment and directs all my reports to that RB segment, but how?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> AGL
> Software Engineer
> MCWD - Philippines

I've got what I think is a better question. Given everything Tom Kyte, and others, have written about SET TRANSACTION ... why are you even considering its use?

But by way of background what version of the Oracle database? What version of reports?
Why do you think rollback segments relate, in any manner, to a report?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org