Re: SQL*Loader custom command line arguments

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:22:57 GMT

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:42:09 -0700, stogpon interested us by writing:

> Hi
>
> I want to be able to use SQL*Loader to enter some data in a table. I
> want to enter into the table, data supplied from the command line or
> taken from the actual datafile filename string.

Assuming a currently supported version of Oracle, sure. No problem.

It's called 'External Table' and your 'comnmand line' is simply a SQL statement in SQL*Plus.

More on HOW is available in the Utilities document available for the version in question.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com