Re: OID accounts

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 12 Oct 2005 10:38:45 GMT

TeePee <tplassart_at_yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I have some troubles with OID accounts... Is there a tool (or PL/SQL code)
> that could help retrieving account settings and password?

Strictly speaking, there is no 'account' in LDAP, you can 'bind' (as the technical term goes) as any distinguished name if you have the permissions.

[Quoted] You can use 'ldapsearch' to find all attributes of a person (I assume that you are looking for persons).

Be sure that you use Oracle's ldapsearch.

Examples:

ldapsearch -D cn=orcladmin -w <password> -U 1 \   -b '<distinguished name of the person>' -s base '(objectclass=person)'

will list all attributes of this person.

ldapsearch -D cn=orcladmin -w <password> -U 1 \   -b '' -s sub '(objectclass=person)' ''

will list the distinguished names of all persons in the directory.

(The -U 1 option assumes that you have SSL set up. You can omit it if you don't mind sending your admin password over the net.)

Two things that I should mention:

  • No unencrypted password is stored in OID, so you cannot retrieve them.
  • There is no entry 'cn=orcladmin' in OID. I thing that this is a weirdness of OID. Does anybody have a clue why?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Wed Oct 12 2005 - 12:38:45 CEST

Original text of this message