Oracle Form: Master-Detail Relationship

From: Pat <Pat_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 01:10:38 +0800

[Quoted] Hi All,

[Quoted] I have a question on Oracle Forms (version 6i) for your comment.

When I build a master and a detail block, link it up with a relation, some triggers will be generated by oracle forms, e.g. on-populate-details, which query the detail block automatically when the master block is queried. However, it used "go_block", "execute_query" to populate the data which I found it has performance problem in forms processing. Imagine I have a master block with 5 detail blocks, that might impose quite some network traffic which makes the forms "run" very slowly.

Are there any alternatives for such processing?

Thx. Received on Wed Oct 05 2005 - 19:10:38 CEST

Original text of this message