Re: Too Many Cursors?

From: Yuri Ivanov <trak_at_trak.spb.ru>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:32:56 +0400

Helge Moulding пишет:
> Yuri Ivanov wrote:
>

>>May be you can increase OPEN_CURSORS parameter in your instance?

> Thanks, Yuri. I did consider that. The trouble with that, of course,
> is that it assumes that the function I wrote opens only a normal
> number of cursors. It looks to me that there's a problem with that
> assumption.
> --
> Helge Moulding
> hmoulding at gmail dot com Just another guy
> http://hmoulding.cjb.net/ with a weird name

Now I catch what you want.
But IMHO, better to optimize your first query, than use any user-defined function in the query.

Please, set timing ON
and show me a time for your both queryes and for one my :)

select a.val1

       ,b.val2
       ,b.val3
       from   a_table a, b_table b
       where  a.val2 = 'a'
         and  a.key = b.a_key
         and  NOT EXISTS (select *
                            from b_table b2
                           where b.a_key = b2.a_key
                             and  b2.val4 > b.val4 );

Please :)
And talk me version of your RDBMS and information about indexes :) Received on Tue Oct 04 2005 - 18:32:56 CEST

Original text of this message