Re: dbDeveloper

From: Ed Prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2005 06:21:53 -0700

Randy Harris wrote:
> "Ed Prochak" <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com> wrote in message
> >
> > (posted only in c.d.o.tools)
> >
> > Bagieta wrote:
> > > How do I know if this is for a commercial purposes?
> > > Does a title say something about it?
> > > No. Title says TOOLS.
> > > This is a tool.
> > > I think this is a proper place for anything concerning tools for Oracle
> > > products.
> > >

> > before posting you should observe a group for a while. Preferrably also
> > read its charter. You've used usenet long enough that you should know
> > this.
> >
> > The proper group for your ad is comp.data.oracle.marketplace
> > But you knew that because you crossposted there. The point: is for the
> > ORACLE groups, ads belong in the marketplace group and discussions in
> > the other three groups. You ad is OFF TOPIC in this tools group.
> >
> > Rather than offending us by insisting you are right, you should be
> > listening to your potential customers. A small apology from you might
> > get us to consider looking at your product. Otherwise you are just
> > creating bad press for yourself.
> >
> > Ed

> I can't find anything in the charter that excludes commercial prodcuts from
> this ng. Am I missing it, or is it supposed to be some sort of general
> understanding?

[Quoted] Google the group (try "commercial ads") because we have discussed this MANY times. Ads belong in the marketplace group. And yes there are some here that point to the charter saying they aren't explicitly excluded from here. But the culture of the group finds a strong dislike for ads in this discussion group.

Basically, if you are selling a tool, post in marketplace. If you have a question or problem with a tool, post here. It really isn't that difficult a thing to ask, is is Randy?  (Maybe I've done newsgroups so long that what's easy for me might really be hard for newcomers? Could be a problem with newer newsgroup readers, they don't give newbies an introduction first.)

I look in the marketplace group nearly every day. Many of the regulars do the same. If a tool is posted there, it won't be missed. So all Bag got for himself here is bad press.

  Ed Received on Wed Aug 31 2005 - 15:21:53 CEST

Original text of this message