Re: dbDeveloper

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:45:03 -0700

Randy Harris wrote:
> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message
>

>>Randy Harris wrote:
>>

>>>I can't find anything in the charter that excludes commercial prodcuts

> from

[Quoted] >>>this ng.  Am I missing it, or is it supposed to be some sort of general
>>>understanding?
>>
>>That which is not INcluded is EXcluded. Reread the charter.
>>
>>Surely you don't expect us to name every possible exclusion. Or if you
>>do then perhaps we should specifically exclude any mention of the smell
>>of rotting dead fish on the beach in Trinidad at 11:44am on a Sunday.
>>--
>>Daniel A. Morgan
>>http://www.psoug.org
>>damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>>(replace x with u to respond)

> Daniel,
>
> The reply that I received earlier from Malcom seemed, to me, eminently
> reasonable and understandable. I now see the distinction between
> "discussing" a tool and "advertising" one. I should have discerned that
> distinction from the earlier post by Ed Prochak. Guess I didn't read it
> carefully enough.
>
> I did, however, reread the charter as you suggested, and the product that
> was the focus of the launch of this thread is indeed specifically
> "INcluded".
>
> Quote from charter:
> This group includes but is not limited to articles discussing applications
> and topics such as the following:
>
> a.. Oracle Developer 2000 (Forms, Reports, Graphics)
> b.. Designer 2000
> /EndQuote
>
> Clearly, discussion of that tool, as Malcom suggested, falls within the
> context of that charter.
>
> Randy Harris

Thank you for rereading ... but now let me suggest that comprehension is also required.

Oracle Developer 2000 and the other tools are tools sold by Oracle Corp. not by third-party vendors. If someone wishes to promote their product we have a group specifically for that ... they can be courteous and use it. If they don't then we interpret that as being disrespectful and we don't do business with them.

The original post was spam and has been treated as such. If you disagree that is certainly your right. But do understand that angering a potential customer base, even if you think they are wrong, has never produced a successful sale.