Re: dbDeveloper

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:54:09 +0100

Bagieta <user_at_example.net> wrote:

> As you can see this software does work with other databases too.
> Try to implement all popular databases advanced features in one tool
> then you will be my guru. And do this by yourself. WIll you manage?

There are tools written in Delphi/Borland C++ out there by competent programmers who have been working solidly on their products for 5 - 10 years and they work.

One which I recommend (email for details of company name - don't want to be spamming).

base (required) € 79 / 106 $
 Borland InterBase module  	€ 99 / 133 $
    Firebird module 	€ 39 / 52 $
    Microsoft SQL Server/MSDE module 	€ 199 / 269 $
    MySQL module 	€ 29 / 39 $
    Oracle module 	€ 199 / 269 $

So for Oracle, that's $370 - compared to 25% of that for what you have written which doesn't work. I know where I'd put my money. These people aren't announcing on their website (the same one as the "product") that they're bascially as committed to the "product" as a pirahna is to its offspring.

Anyway, I'm not continuing this fascinating discussion any further - just put it in marketplace - any further spams from you and it's into the killfile you go.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.