Creating graphs of SQL data using ODBC

From: Snewber <snew_at_snewx.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:39:48 +1000

[Quoted] Does anyone know of any software which allows you to make graphs of sql data quickly and easily?

Ideally you would write a query which would probably return two columns (possibly more depending on how good the software was), x and y, and it would then generate a graph for you. I guess you would then be able to fine tune it to get what you want.

I realise you can do this with spread sheets, but I'm looking for something simpler. It can be done by using access to link to your oracle database and then using excel to use the tables from access linked to oracle. This way you can then change the data in your oracle database [Quoted] and then refresh the excel graph and it updates the graph. But I would prefer a simpler way of doing this.

Original text of this message