Re: ODBC/OLE DB MS Access Question 10G Database Upgrade Issues?

From: Henners <terminalx82_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:11:27 GMT

Thanks JRPM

We have a mix of clients between 8.04 and 8.17 currently. Do you/have you seen any documentation that outlines issues with pre 8.1.7 clients? As far as 8 not talking to 10, is this database/database talking? Or are you saying Client/Database talking.

Good to know that O7 is still working fine in most cases. My worry is that once the DBA's/Dev's start using 9i/10g features and turn off 8.0 compatibility, we will start to experiance big issues.

As far as the ODBC/OLE thing, its possible that MS has changed the base to 8.1.7, and maybe have gone further with .NET implementations, but all our access databases do not use .NET at all, so that would be a ton of conversion we are not ready for. Opting for the Oracle ODBC drivers maybe exactly what we need.

Anyonce else have any issues?