Forms Application -> PDA

From: <johns1111_at_gmx.de>
Date: 22 Aug 2005 23:53:59 -0700

Hi,

we have a hughe Forms Application which we want to modernize. So the first step would be to port it to Forms 9i and to use Web Forms and the Application Server to have J2EE capabilities. But we also want to use some dialogs on PDAs (Windows CE).

What are your recommendations and experiences?

  • Terminal Server and access to Forms
  • Is there a JVM for Windows CE PDAs that allows to run Web Forms?
  • JSF or some other Oracle supported web technology?

What we do not want is to increase the manifold of supported programming languages if not absolutly necessary, so we do not want something like a Forms9i/Java/JSF/C#/C/C++ mixture as a solution as probably nobody can support that correctly.

Any suggestions how to achive a mostly unified GUI for PC and PDA clients without being forced to throw away anything we have on the Oracle Forms side? Received on Tue Aug 23 2005 - 08:53:59 CEST

Original text of this message