Re: Oracle Forms - run non-interactively

From: Fred van Nimwegen <fred.vannimwegen_at_wanadoo.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:56:43 +0200

"Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery .com> schreef in bericht news:wNmdnWz459mK6pneRVn-uA_at_comcast.com...

> <pwu_at_qantas.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a turn-key application.
> >
> > This application has an Oracle form used to load an OS file.
> > I want to be able to run the form in batch mode sending needed input.
> >
> > I am using Oracle 8.1.7 so it still has the character mode of forms.
> >
> > Has anyone ever achieved something similar? Is this possible?
> > If so what is the best way to achieve this?
> > Could I use the public domain expect program?
> >

> what is the version of Forms? that is more of a determining factor than
the
> version of the database.
>
> ++ mcs

I have used a keystroke file with forms 3.0 to test a form.

After a first run where you saves the input you can run the form over and over again.

I do not know if the last character mode forms version (6i) wil support this.

I would use utl_file or sqlloader to load an OS file in a database, not forms in batch mode Received on Fri Aug 19 2005 - 21:56:43 CEST

Original text of this message