Re: 10g EM agent

From: HansF <>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:53:46 GMT

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:35:52 -0400, Chuck interested us by writing:

> For that matter does anyone have a good reference for the emctl utility?
> The EM docs contain very little about it other than how to start and
> stop the agent with it. I'm mainly interested in the deploy option and
> finding out *exactly* what it does.

Without looking into much detail ...

Realize that emctl is a J2EE application server and associated application (using Oracle's OC4J, JSPs/servlets and EJBs) kept for a 10g DB in $ORACLE_HOME/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_?

J2EE has a very clear definition around 'deploy', to the extent that automated deployments are relatively easy - capture a few pieces of info (host, port, J2EE Home, etc) and 'push'.

Again, the above is speculation but seems to conform to the help provided from an "emctl deploy" request

Hans Forbrich