Re: FRM-10095 error with Forms 9i using TIMESTAMP

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 07:10:54 -0400

"Miggins" <mtproc_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1123236126.070846.191800_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> where did you assume i read it anywhere?
>
> Surely Forms 9i should work fully with Timezone support
>
> Its an implied question.....clear now?

well, this is interesting

after watching this volley for a while, I decided to try it myself with forms 10G (9.0.4.0.19)

error FRM-10095 occurs when i try the datablock wizard.

googling on FRM-10095 gets this thread :-(

checking forms help for TIMEZONE gives some info on built-ins and default timezone settings, but it seems all the timezone entries in the help index actually point to TIMER entries

however, a search for timezone shows a listing under new features 'Oracle9i Database Time Zone Support', which references the old DATETIME Forms datatype -- but no mention of TIMESTAMP anywhere

under the topic 'Supported Oracle9 Datatypes' (no typo, the help references are still to Oracle 9, not 10g) there is no mention of TIMESTAMP

statement of direction says

"These specific technical efforts are being focused on to ensure that the Oracle Designer, Forms,
and Reports customers can upgrade their applications more quickly and easily, and exploit new
features in the application server and database more efficiently."

looks like database datatypes are not among the new features to be exploited more efficiently.

++ mcs Received on Fri Aug 05 2005 - 13:10:54 CEST

Original text of this message