Re: verifying 9ias installtion

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:44:19 +0200

HansF wrote:

> This depends ENTIRELY on what portions of 9iAS you have installed.
>
> Amusingly, the last page of the install gives you a list of ports,
> including the port you use to verify installation. Often you would use
>
> http://localhost:7777 or http://localhost:7778

That would only be the main http server. 1810/1811 for Infra and Mid tier management, and many more.

> as indicated by the portlist.ini file written into the ?/install
> directory. And Oracle also provides 'demonstration software' which, if
> working, is a fairly good indication of successful installation.

Find that file! All important ports are mentioned, not just the ones Hans and I mentioned. And it depends on you configuration; the more options installed, the more ports mentioned.

> You could also read the installation manual. Although I admit it is
> boring to read such a technical document. (Especially such sections as
> 'post installation configuration tasks' and 'Demonstration Software'.)

<g>

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel