Re: verifying 9ias installtion

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 04:31:00 GMT

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:58:02 -0700, vissuyk interested us by writing:

> Hi,
>
> How can I verify that my 9iAS installtion is corect? (903). Any tips
> appreciated

[Quoted] This depends ENTIRELY on what portions of 9iAS you have installed.

Amusingly, the last page of the install gives you a list of ports, including the port you use to verify installation. Often you would use

http://localhost:7777 or http://localhost:7778

[Quoted] as indicated by the portlist.ini file written into the ?/install directory. And Oracle also provides 'demonstration software' which, if working, is a fairly good indication of successful installation.

[Quoted] You could also read the installation manual. Although I admit it is boring to read such a technical document. (Especially such sections as 'post installation configuration tasks' and 'Demonstration Software'.)

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com