Help:Changing the Source column name dynamically

From: ORA-LEARNER <itsashok_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2005 11:58:46 -0700

Hi there,
[Quoted] I am sure someone might have encountered this problem.

I have six Queries in Data Model. Based on certain parameter value, I need to change the source field setting for each field in the report output.
e.g in Lay Out Model, I have a field F_1. The source for this field in the Property pallette is COL1 which is coming from Query1.

I need to assign a new source based on parameter value for field F_1 to COL2 or COL3 or COL4, COL5, COL6 in the Before Report Trigger. Is there any way to achieve this using srw or any other PL/SQL code?This way I can save a lot of devlopment time and use a single physical layout for six different reports and avoid the hassles of creating frames, repeating frame and formatting.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Let me know if something is not clear in the email. I will provide additional information. Received on Tue Jul 19 2005 - 20:58:46 CEST

Original text of this message