Oracle Reports: Sort Order and suppressing duplicate values

From: ORA-LEARNER <itsashok_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2005 11:26:16 -0700

Hi
[Quoted] In Query Section, I have a query that displays the values selected by the user on Parameter form.

select decode(PARAM_NAME, 'Z',1,'X',2,'R',3,'D',1,'M',4,'T',5,6) Sort_order, param_name,value from tableA order by 1

I want the these values to be displayed on Oracle Report Header section. I have a repeating frame in the report and the values are displayed in the repeating frame fields but not in the desired order as explained below.

However, the values are not displayed in the same order as when executed in SQL session. It seems the report ignores the Order By clause in the sql. I want the values to be displayed as the sort_order column but the report displays the output alphabetically.

Second part to the Question: I want to suppress the duplicate values in the report for the same table. How do I achive this?

Any ideas greatly apprecitaed. Received on Sun Jul 17 2005 - 20:26:16 CEST

Original text of this message