Re: Export data from oracle in fixed length ascii using toad

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:01:44 +0100

"Anandraj via DBMonster.com" <forum_at_DBMonster.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I need to export data from oracle tables in fixed length ascii format. I can
>always put in a query to concatenate the columns values in fixed length & use
>spool to get the data. But I need to do this for quite some tables & each
>table's got a lot of columns. So i dont want to write queries.
>Do I have an option using toad (let me know the version also) or do i need to
>write a pl/sql taking the table names as input & getting all the columns from
>the system tables to do the same.

If this is a TOAD question, then why not ask on the TOAD fora? There is one news.gmane.org for free TOAD, and I'm sure that Quest must have support - http://questsupportlink.quest.com/Default.asp JFGI!

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.