oracle10g tools long time startup & network problem

From: Tomasz Wrzodak <tomaszw^^nospam^^_at_meritus.pl>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:15:32 +0200

Hi,
[Quoted] I have a problem with very long time startup of oracle tools like dbca, netmgr etc. on WinXp pro. I have two net interfaces - local net and external with dhcp. It's ok when I disable second of them. It looks like DNS problem, but I can't find a reason. The firewall is disabled.

I checked connections by tnsping, typing local and external ip as parameter, and it's ok. EZConnect method resolves the aliases with no problem.

There's no problem with sqlplus - I can connect immediately.

Also I must wait for a long time already after startup of Network Manager, when I clicked for a first time on "Service Naming" node.

[Quoted] Maybe it's a problem with DNS suffix - allocated from dhcp. I can't ping   hostname.this_suffix, so i added '127.0.0.1 hostname.suffix' to /win_dir/system32/drivers/etc/hosts, but without any effect.

I installed Oracle 10g with disabled both net interfaces. I remember there was an info about problem with recognizing IP address or something   like that.

I droped and created database and it works ok until I restarted system.

I have no idea how to resolve this problem. Anyone can help? Thanks Received on Sat Jun 18 2005 - 22:15:32 CEST

Original text of this message