Re: free Oracel/SQL compiler

From: Billy <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 17 Jun 2005 09:01:12 -0700

ehabaziz2001_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I need to download free compilers for Oracle and SQL to teach my self .
> Is there any minimum of windows or Solaris requirements ?

Okay, so you download let's say the Pro*C precompiler for C++. Great.

Now what do you do with it? To use it, write code that uses Oracle SQL, you need an Oracle instance.. correctly installed, correctly configured, with a database.. You need to know basic Oracle concepts. Developer fundementals. The diference between SQL and PL/SQL. What partitioning is, an index-organised table, bind variables and a whole whack of other stuff.

So don't you jump in feet first without using the grey stuff first. This sure ain't jumping into 1ft of water in a blow-up pool to play with a yellow rubber duckie. This is an ocean with real fish, lots of water, and everything from glassy clear tropical water to raging ocean storms.

Go to tahiti.oracle.com, subscribe (for free) and read the Oracle Concepts Guide. Followed that with the Oracle Application Developer Fundementals.

Then jump.

--
Billy