html db parsing user input without submit

From: <burki5000_at_gmx.at>
Date: 15 Jun 2005 02:06:17 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] I need to parse some user input generated from a barcodereader (which is acting like a keyboard).

For example, the user scans the barcode which contains a Materialnumber and a serialnumber, followed by a '\n', while the courser is pointing on the Materialnumber input-field.
The Materialnumber and the Serialnumber are seperated by a special character ('#').

The barcode looks like this MATNR#1000\n

My problem is, that i would like to transfer the scanned serialnumber to a seperated serialnumberfield (optionaly it is possible to put in materialnumer and serialnumber manualy without scanning a barcode) after the 'new line'-character \n.

How can I do that, I cant find any trigger in html db to find the fire at a newline.

greetigs Martin Received on Wed Jun 15 2005 - 11:06:17 CEST

Original text of this message