Re: Code in the database or middle tier (the CLR controversy)

From: Jurgen Haan <jurgen_at_fake.dom>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:49:23 +0200

[Quoted] DA Morgan wrote:
> Serge Rielau wrote:

>> Are programmers using PL/SQL on the app side any smarter w.r.t.
>> relational SQL than those using VB? Do they write better SQL because
>> they use PL/SQL?

> Yes. Yes. Yes.

LOL [Quoted] I'm using SQL in PERL, am I a bad person now? I've used PL/SQL client side, and I found it to be tough, I was much more busy with the language elements than creating fast, optimized SQL. Perl is a really sloppy (not inefficient though) language, you don't have to think (about the language) while coding, put some nice SQL in it though.

-R- Received on Mon Jun 06 2005 - 09:49:23 CEST

Original text of this message