Re: Oracle Developer Install

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 02:15:46 GMT

"raydelex" <prmatteson_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:1117416905.771122.269100_at_g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I am attempting to install the Oracle Developer suite.
>
> I downloaded the self extracting files for Disk1 and Disk2. Both files
> Unzipped fine and then I click on Setup. But the install does not get
> past the first screen -- where you specify the source (I think it is
> looking for the "products.jar" file -- it is there in the specified
> path) and destinations files (looking for Oracle Home and where to
> install the products). I get no error message, just the same screen
> comes up repeatedly when I click the "Next" button.
>
> I am running WinXP Pro and have an Oracle 10g Personal Edition database
> installed on the same machine as where I am attempting to install
> Oracle Forms.
>
> Any help or advice on what I am missing/doing wrong would be
> appreciated.
>
> Ray

There should be an "install" logfile which might reveal some clues.

Did you bother to RTFM before simply pointing & clicking?

Are you 100% SURE Oracle 10gPE will interoperate they way you hope/expect?

IIRC, PE does NOT have any networking support, which could be problematic.

HTH & YMMV! Received on Mon May 30 2005 - 04:15:46 CEST

Original text of this message