Re: problem compiling c (pro*c) program - problem with oracle shared library

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 12:17:49 +0200

Daud schrieb:
> Hi Maxim,
>
> nm libclntsh.so returns 'no symbols'. I removed LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
> pointed SHLIB_PATH to lib (instead of lib32) but I still got the same
> compile error. Anything else I shd try?
>
> regards
> Daud

I'm afraid, i pointed you to wrong utility to check , what kind of shared library is libclntsh.so, you should do it with "file libclntsh.so" , but "no symbols" sounds a little bit strange... You can try to run $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh to recreate this library ( prior to that make a backup of your existing file )

Best regards

Maxim Received on Sat May 28 2005 - 12:17:49 CEST

Original text of this message