Re: ODBC Driver

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:08:38 +0100

Sorry for the missing details...

DA Morgan wrote:
> Pedro Lopes wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> Which driver should I use for a C++ Aplication connecting to Oracle
>> database ? Microsoft ODBC from Oracle or Oracle ODBC driver ?
>>
>> Any diferences in performance ?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Pedro

> And the Oracle version is?

9.2.0.1
> And the operating system is?

windows2000
> You write C++ and don't know these matter?

not my aplication
> Always the Oracle drive unless it has a specific issue.
> And then I'd head toward lots of other drivers before I'd
> risk my application to Microsoft.
>
> But why ODBC when you could have far better performance with
> OCI?
as far as I understand the application runs against other databases too, OCI might not be a solution (I'll check it). But changing the driver to OCI will make inevitable to change application code...

thanks,
Pedro Received on Wed May 25 2005 - 10:08:38 CEST

Original text of this message