Re: ODBC Driver

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:56:51 -0700

[Quoted] Pedro Lopes wrote:
> Hi,
> Which driver should I use for a C++ Aplication connecting to Oracle
> database ? Microsoft ODBC from Oracle or Oracle ODBC driver ?
>
> Any diferences in performance ?
>
> thanks,
> Pedro

And the Oracle version is?
And the operating system is?
[Quoted] You write C++ and don't know these matter?

[Quoted] Always the Oracle drive unless it has a specific issue. And then I'd head toward lots of other drivers before I'd risk my application to Microsoft.

But why ODBC when you could have far better performance with OCI?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Relational theory is not something that is simply a nice-to-have.