Re: GUI tool for complex queries

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 02:02:48 GMT

"Tookeey" <tookeey_at_yahoo.com> wrote in news:1115942596.160206.13550_at_g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I need to create a GUI to handle a very complex database query. There
> are well over a hundred query parameters I want to present. Is there a
> tool out there that will help me manage such a large display? I will
> also be making templates for this GUI to allow customization of the
> parameters to be listed. Can anybody suggest anyway to prevent this
> from being a nightmare?

It appears to me to already be a nightmare!

It appears you have more ambition than knowledge.

GUI. OK, I know one when I see one.
Web GUI? Client/Server GUI? What OS GUI?

EXACTLY what do you mean by "query parameters" & why hundreds of them? How do you plan on ensuring the resultant SQL is adequately tuned and will return results within your lifetime?

"large display"? Is this a 21 inch Monitor or larger? Quantify? Received on Fri May 13 2005 - 04:02:48 CEST

Original text of this message