Re: I'm seeking for OCP certification

From: Lewis C <lewisc_at_excite.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:13:04 GMT

On Tue, 10 May 2005 02:55:08 -0400, "Kennedy_f" <kennedy_f_at_confoozled.com> wrote:

>hello,
>
>Since sometimes, i have been thinking for any certification which can
>enhance my reputation and skills. How would be OCP. Tell me . presently
>i'm working on DBMS project, so that may be helpful. I looked few sites,on
>ucertify, they are offering the users a total of 150 questions and 80
>study notes. Also available is a free downloadable version containing 15
>questions and 10 study notes. measureup is also one of the good site. What
>i want is reliability and to cracked it at single attempt. I'll give 1-2
>days more on searching and finding resources.

self test software. Google for it. Nothing really compares.

I do a lot of interviewing. An OCP will not automatically get you a job (or even an interview). However, it might open a few more doors for you and if you're relatively new to Oracle, very well may break a tie.

When I need an Oracle type, the things I look for are, in order of importance to me, working knowledge, experience, certification and then degree. For a senior person, it really comes down to working knowledge and experience. For a junior, it's a bit more negotiable. Cerifications and degree are really optional to me though.

Don't take this as me discouraging you. I would recommend it as long as your employer will pay for any classes you need to take. It definately won't hurt. You can still get the developer OCP with no classes at all. Three tests and a few hundred bucks later and you can have the OCP.

Good luck in your pursuit!

Lewis

Lewis R Cunningham

Author, ItToolBox Blog: An Expert's Guide to Oracle http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/oracle/guide/