Re: Windows Security Patches and Oracle Forms

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 07:23:39 -0700

Vadim.Loevski_at_pmintl.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have frequent Windows security patches applied to all windows based
> computers. Our management is becoming paranoid as the result demanding
> quite rigorous testing of all Production Oracle Forms applications
> after the patching (we use Forms 6i client server). This type of
> patching is becoming quite a regular occurance and testing is quite
> consuming. It sound like an overkill to me but it's very hard to
> convince them that only simple 'smoke' level testing is really
> required. Does anyone know about official Oracle position on this
> subject or maybe somebody already looked at this problem.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Vadim

I have no idea what Oracle corporate's position is but I am with [Quoted] your management on this one. If you don't like it then move to a browser based version of Forms or dump Windows and run the forms using Windows emulation on a stable operating system of which Linux and Mac OS X come to mind.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington