Re: Instance installer

From: ciccio <ciccio_at_ciccio.it>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:04:51 +0200

[Quoted] IANAL_VISTA wrote:

> ciccio <ciccio_at_ciccio.it> wrote in news:427a282e_1_at_x-privat.org:

>>I'm searching for a product that allows me to obtain, from an existing
>>instance, a set of scripts that recreates it on a different computer,
>>allowing me to choose (during script preparation) whether a particular
>>table must be created empty or with data and, in the last case, creating
>>me insert scripts too.
>>Is there anything like this?
> Such as EXPORT & IMPORT?

[Quoted] Something with a smmother approach, i.e. something that lets me choose the instance, export packages, stored procedures and so on, mark the tables to be exported empty and those whose contents must be exported to, in order to have a set of scripts such as:

oradim etc etc etc

create procedure blah blah blah
/
[...]
create sequence blah blah blah
/
[...]
create table blah blah blah
/
[...]
insert into blah blah blah values etc etc etc /
[...]

So the resulting set of script can be released to the customer and allow him to recreate the DB in case of failure or in case reinstallation is needed for any reason.

Thanks Received on Thu May 05 2005 - 17:04:51 CEST

Original text of this message