Reports: right alignment in fields problem

From: Asimov5 <asimov5_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 May 2005 08:49:22 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] I have developed a report that will show a column account numbers (wich can contain dashes or not). The report looks fine when I view it on the screen in client/server mode, and generated pdf file looks fine also. Then I move it to the web and choose PDF format for the output.

When I run the report over the web, I see that the account numbers with dashes are not lining up with the account numbers containing no dashes.  I have tried to change the column alignment without success. It is only when you use a UNIX server that this occurs.

My account number field is a varchar2(20).

The only way to line them up correctly is to change the font in the layout editor from Arial to Courrier. The thing is that the user does want the same font (Arial) for all fields.

I'm using Reports 6i...and even tested with Reports 10g with the same result...

Anyone as a clue on how to do it or if it feasable ?

Thank you! Received on Tue May 03 2005 - 17:49:22 CEST

Original text of this message