Re: Q: designer, tutapsys.dmp

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 28 Apr 2005 11:50:10 -0800

Frank van Bortel (fvanbortel_at_netscape.net) wrote:

: Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:

: > I have the designer 9i download, and wished to work through a designer
: > tutorial that oracle has.
: >
: > I don't know for sure the tutorial would work as it's from Designer 6i,
: > though various notes make it sound as if it probably would.
: >
: > However, I don't have the file, tutapsys.dmp in the \ctutxNN directory. I
: > find no files or directories anything like that in the installed files,
: > and I don't see any install option for anything else. I guess it came
: > with designer 6 but I don't see that on the downloads page (perhaps there
: > is another area to search?).
: >
: > Does anyone know where this file can be found, whether it can be used in
: > 9i, or have other suggestions for good tutorials that step you through the
: > key steps of getting started with designer?
: >
: >
: >
: > --
: >
: > This space not for rent.

: Why don't you just try to import it?

Because I can't find the dmp file to import. However now I see the 6i designer as a download. Not sure how I missed it earlier - all I could seem to find was 9i and 10i stuff. Presumably the tutorial will be in the 6i download, which I'm downloading right now.

Thanks.

--

This space not for rent.