EM on 10g without grid control, limited to 1 database?

From: GS <spam_at_spam.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:24:19 GMT

When I first saw the web interface at the 10G demos I thought, "hey, this looks ok", now I'm not so sure.

Just got 10g installed on SLES9 and let it create the starter database, after a bit of reading figured out how to start the console, downloaded firefox(console won't work in konquerer) and opened the web interface to the database. Nice, but not as simple and automated as the 9i oem console. Anyway, so far so good, so I want to create another database I can import some production data from a production 9i database into, create the database with dbca with the neccesary tablespaces etc. and log in to it via sql once its up and running. I have to create a user so I can import from 9i so I'm thinking I'll try out the slick new GUI to do this, but for unknown reasons I cant get the console to see any thing but the starter database, I understand that I have to download the massive grid control to see any other databases I have running (which is a PITA), but I didnt think I'd need to just to see other local instances, or is this the case??

I've been slogging thru tahiti to no avail, and I dont want to install grid control just for this, am I missing something here? Received on Tue Apr 26 2005 - 22:24:19 CEST

Original text of this message