uploading the contents of an spread sheet

From: Demetrius Sotiriades <dsotiriades_at_wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:07:12 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I have never worked with Oracle before and I need to update a database with the contents of an Excel spreadsheet. Since I do not have the database structure the first order of business is to be able to examine the database so that I can figure out where this data needs to go. The only tool that I have available to me at the moment is SQL plus.

Is this tool adequate for this purpose and if not does anyone know what tool would be?

 I assume that Oracle has a pretty thorough toolset for doing just about anything that one would wish to do with a database. At the very least I need something more or less equivalent to SQL Server's Query Analyzer.

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Demetrius Received on Tue Apr 26 2005 - 10:07:12 CEST

Original text of this message