Re: Looking for a good open source database Query Tool

From: Paul <paulsnewsgroups_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:53:52 +0100

mohan_bavirisetty_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Can some one recommend a good open source database Query Tool. I am
>looking for the following features:
> Can connect and query against any database ( perhaps through an
>interface like JDBC or OLE DB)
> Can let one create/edit Stored Procs
> Has a GUI
> Works well in Stand-alone mode
> Works well on any OS
> Can be plugged into Eclipse
> Other features are nice to have but not mandatory.
> Appreciate any pointers in the right direction:

What is it you want to do? Most databases have their own GUI interface of some sort that works on the OS's that they run under. Different DB's have different capabilities, so a generic tool generally can't take advantage of all of the features of the db.

For Open Source db's, you have PGAdmin for PostgreSQL, IBConsole for Interbase open source, you could use the TOAD trial for Oracle &c. &c.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.2.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, As a courtesy to those who spend
time analyzing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.