Problem with Oracle Forms

From: Kannan <kannan.ekanath_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2005 06:30:40 -0700

Hi ,
Can any one pls help with following problems during multi-record query.

Problem description:

1.There is a multi record block in a form.
2. An item needs to be  Set/Unset as Required on Record basis.
3. Initially we used app_item_property.set_property for turning on /off

the Required property.
4. And also using the same app function to make that field 'Updatable/insertable' on record basis.
/* the code

app_item_property.set_property

    ('LER.DSP_MEANING3',

      ENABLED,
      PROPERTY_TRUE);

    app_item_property.set_property
    ('LER.DSP_MEANING3',
      REQUIRED,
      PROPERTY_TRUE); */

5. But then we came across a scenario where we found that the following

issue:-
A)
we have a record (25th record) where we made the item as 'Required' for the 26th record ,the Item is not required. NOw, if we do a query for all records in that block. It queries up records and for 26th record, it throws Form error- 'Field

must be entered' for the item ,which has become required though we never
set it.

6. we found that app_item_instance_property sets the 'required ' property at BLOCK level for the item .
So we used form built in SET _ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY to set ' Required

and UpdatableIinsertable' for the item.
/*set_item_instance_property('LER.DSP_MEANING3',cur_rec,insert_allowed,

property_true);

set_item_instance_property('LER.DSP_MEANING3',cur_rec,update_allowed, property_true);

   set_item_instance_property('LER.DSP_MEANING3',cur_rec,required, property_true);
*/

7. Everything was fine. But Now the item doesnot become either Required

or Updatable/Insertable.
8. We then used SET_ITEM_PROPERTY to make the item Required/Updatable/Insertable along with SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY .
/*

set_item_instance_property('LER.DSP_MEANING3',cur_rec,insert_allowed, property_true);

set_item_instance_property('LER.DSP_MEANING3',cur_rec,update_allowed, property_true);

   set_item_instance_property('LER.DSP_MEANING3',cur_rec,required, property_true);

     set_item_property('LER.DSP_MEANING3',insert_allowed,
property_true);
     set_item_property('LER.DSP_MEANING3',update_allowed,
property_true);
     set_item_property('LER.DSP_MEANING3',required, property_true);
     set_item_property('LER.DSP_MEANING3',navigable, property_true);
*/

9. Now Problem is we are again facing the Mutli -record query prblem ( A).

Am just stuck what to use so that it solves both the problems.

Any one having any pointer to it ..........pls let me know...!!!!

Regards Received on Tue Apr 19 2005 - 15:30:40 CEST

Original text of this message