Re: Running Oracle Reports (Web) from Oracle Forms (Client Server)

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 14 Apr 2005 15:01:48 -0800

Petr (ecotaj_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: I am trying to run an Oracle report successfully deployed
: to the Web based reports services architecture, from a
: Forms 6i client server based application.

: I tried something like the following in the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED
: trigger:

: host('iexplore.exe '||v_url);

: This works fine, except that the report in the web browser has to be
: dismissed closed before I can get back to the form. Is there any way
: to asynchronously spawn the web browser from the form ?

something like

        host('cmd/c start iexplore.exe ... ')

You might have to play with the quoting within the two levels of nt commands to make that all work correctly.

--

This space not for rent.