Defining a "datasource" connection for DBArtisan

From: Byrocat <bdealhoy_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 14 Apr 2005 12:37:38 -0700

[Quoted] It's been a long, long week and I'm probably classed as being brain-dead. Please remember that I am a complete beginner with respect to Oracle.

I've been handed information on two Oracle servers and have been told to connect to them using DBArtisan.

The information that I was supplied with was the server name, IP address, port number, database and my login ID/password.

When I attempt to "register a datasource", I cannot establish my connection.

Is there a FAQ or web-page somewhere that maps the information that I have to what fields need to be filled in during the registration process.

Thanks in advance! Received on Thu Apr 14 2005 - 21:37:38 CEST

Original text of this message