Re: hot to limit sqlldr ?

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pll-l>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:45:55 +0200

Użytkownik Stefan napisał:

> ideally you are correct - however, I am hosting an application which
> requires that the application level user have the same username and
> password as the database level user, AND the database level user has to
> have insert/update/delete in order to be able to use the application's
> front end....
> I know it's a horrible design, but that's the way it is....
>
> so the only thing I've been able to think of so far is to create a
> LOGON trigger which kills sessions unless they are made via the
> appropriate client application...
>
> was wondering if there are any other ideas out there...

I know one. Change application ON_LOGON trigger. Lest say application uses user SCOTT with TIGER password. But real password is IGER and ON_LOGON trigger removes T. You say user to logon SCOTT/TIGER, but if he uses sqlldr he just won't connect.
(for example i just removed 'T', you could think of more complex procedure).

--
Noel