Re: Execute 650 mb sql script

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:09:58 -0700

Paul wrote:

> DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
>

>>Paul wrote:

>>COMMIT regularly

>>As IANAL_VISTA indicates ... a really bad idea.

> Could this suggestion (based as you point out on minimum info) be
> valid in *_some_* circumstances?
>

> Paul...

Not in my experience and not based on my reading of what Tom Kyte has written on the subject numerous times.

Which of course doesn't mean that there isn't some situation where it is true but I would expect that to be, for the most part, contrived. In Oracle it is best to stay away from absolutes because someone will absolutely prove you wrong.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington