How to get plain output (sqlplus)

From: eban <an_at_TrouNoir.capubara.net>
Date: 01 Apr 2005 21:07:13 GMT

Hi

[Quoted] I am trying to write my query results (sqlplus) to a file, such that records are NOT padded to a fixed length, and each row is one line in the file only. How should I do this? if I spool, I get a report in which every record is padded to the same column width. Also my longs (oracle 8) are wrapped, and if I increase linesize, long, maxdata etc, i get buffer overflows. How do I do this right ? I prefer not to use other tools than sqlplus/plsql (needs to be called from a shell script)

Thx for tips
Armin Received on Fri Apr 01 2005 - 23:07:13 CEST

Original text of this message