Generating Foreign Keys in PowerDesigner version 11.0

From: Jim Kotan <jakotan_at_essvote.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2005 10:07:34 -0800

Folks,

Forgive that I'm posting in the ORACLE group but don't see anything for MySQL.

I use Sybase PowerDesigner version 11.0 to do all my DB design stuff. We are an Oracle shop (Yay!) but are looking at MySQL for some of our smaller stuff.

Generating a database (including Foreign & Primary Keys) is easy, EXCEPT when it comes to doing it for MySQL 4. The options for Foreign Keys are grayed out so it will not gen FKs. Here's a portion of what it does generate (just 1 of the 45 tables for this part of the application):

  create table BALLOT_CANDIDATE
  (

   BALL_CAND_ID            int      not null,
   BALL_CONT_ID            int,
   RESPONSE_ORDER_NUMBER   int,
   PART_ID                 int,
   BALL_CAND_TYPE_CODE     char(3),

   QUESTION_RESPONSE_ID int,
   primary key (BALL_CAND_ID)
  )
  type = InnoDB;

  create index REFERENCE_44_FK (BALL_CONT_ID);   create index REFERENCE_58_FK (PARTY_ID);

As you can see, no FKs, *AND* the create index statements are outside the table, rather than inside.

As I said earlier, the options to generate FKs is grayed out for MySQL4-type databases, but it works fine for Oracle.

This is driving me absolutely insane (which is a VERY short drive), so any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Jim Received on Wed Mar 23 2005 - 19:07:34 CET

Original text of this message