Re: sql psp portal - help

From: Manish KUmar <manishdeshpande_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2005 05:07:33 -0800

[Quoted] Hi Mark,

   I have been going through the post and the replies. The last one below is nearly correct. The only thing not right is calling "Apache mod_plsql" as Oracle Web Toolkit. The latter is a pl/sql toolkit that contains Oracle Packages that are used in Web application development. To come straight to the point you can load any ".PSP" file into the database with the loadpsp command as given below: "loadpsp -replace -user <un>/<pw>[_at_<conn.str>] file1.psp file2.psp"

The above command helps you load file1.psp and file2.psp into an Oracle database. For beginners on PSP please refer the following url, which is really great:
http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/9i/PLSQLServerPages9i.php

In case you have any queries/questions on PSP technology, feel free to contact me on manishdeshpande_at_gmail.com, I would prefer that you contact me thru this forum/group as it will help in knowledge dissemination to many people.

Regards.
Manish.

Mark C. Stock wrote:
> <cynthih_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I wished I didn't have to be so vague, but part of the problem
> > is I don't know much more.
> >
> >> One could start with Oracle 8 and ask you to translate that
> >> into an actual version number and continue from there.
> >
> > I don't know what version of Oracle 8 it was, and Oracle 8 is
> > no longer available for download. So, unless I can find a copy
> > of Oracle 8, I'm not going to be able to start there.
> >
> > Maybe someone could explain to me how to run psp and sql files
> > under Oracle 9 or 10.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Cynthih,
>
> PSP probably refers to 'PL/SQL Server Pages' -- (not the PHP language
as
> indicated in another post) which was intended by Oracle to be a
PL/SQL
> equivalent of ASP or JSP, but actually requires translation into
PL/SQL
> stored procedures (forget the exact tool that's used-- it's really,
IMO, not