frm-41050 update's but say's cannot update???

From: doomtheflame <djago_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 21 Mar 2005 13:19:34 -0800

[Quoted] Im wondering something...

I had a colleague who made a form (master block and a detail block) that does an update ((plsql) on a record of the detail) on the previous record's ending date minus a day of beginning date of a new record created... Block update property set to no item update property set to no and then does execute_query to refresh the visual there would be no problem...

I did the same thing and I have a frm-41050 error message cannot update when I execute_query. I tried to set the block update property to yes and the item to no so that i can use a when_validate on the block an create my items with set_item_instance_property as a new record is needed everything works fine on the update side when i execute_query. The problem now is I get an (do you want to save the changes you have made) when I go to next record in the master block even if i didnt change nothing. Because the update property on the block sets the status to changed...

But the real problem is that my colleague did it without changing the block update property...

HOW DID HE DO IT You will say ask him = the answer is he don't work here no more...

thanks in advanced for those who can enlighten me on the problem... [Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 15:54] Received on Mon Mar 21 2005 - 22:19:34 CET

Original text of this message